Monday, January 10, 2011

Bio-Vert Multipurpose Cleaner

I know, it's been a while but here's something that most households are very interested in. The multipurpose cleaner...or really to me, the bathroom cleaner.

As most new green converts, I used to use the highly caustic-to-your-nose commercial cleaners to clean my bathroom and tub. It'd squirt it in wherever I had to wash and with small shallow breaths I'd scrub like there was no tomorrow until I felt a little faint and stick my head out the bathroom door to take in a couple breaths of fresh air, then go back to scrubbing...well, maybe not everybody does this but I did.

Since I switched to more earth friendly cleaners, I have to say things are a little better. I recently started using a line of cleaning products manufactured by Savons-Prolav, Inc., a locally Canadian owned company, called Bio-vert. It's a family owned and operated company from Laval, Quebec and has been in business since 1984. They are strict about how and what types of chemicals are used in manufacturing their products as well as the types of packaging that's used ensuring that it's 100% post-recycled as well as biodegradable. They also produce dishwashing liquid soap, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The dishwasher tabs I'm in the middle of trying out so stay tuned for my review. You can find this in most big box supermarkets and hardware store. I think I bought mine from Canadian Tire for less than $10 from what I remember.

Back to the multipurpose cleaner. Appearance wise, the bottle is a standard spray bottle but not very sturdy since the neck snapped off as soon as I brought it home. So I wasn't really able to test out the spray nozzle. I ended up transferring it to another spray bottle that I had used for something else. It's a clear liquid but has a bit of a strong smell...perhaps it's in all cleaners to have that super chemically smell. Not very impressed with that aspect of the cleaner. As for the cleaning capability itself, it actually does quite well. It's doesn't foam up as much as the other cleaners do but it does the job. No left over residue or scratch marks. Leaves the faucet and drain pretty clean and rinses well. I was quite impressed with this.

Over all, I'd recommend this as an environmentally friendly cleaning product and is comparable to other commercial product...now if they could just make the smell a little less chemically. Then it would be perfect.

Well, try it out and tell me what you think.
That's my two cents :)

http://www.bio-vert.com/en/nettoyant-usage.php

2 comments:

  1. I've started using the bio-vert products as well and I'm quite impressed with them. They are definitely well priced compared to a lot of the other so called "GREEN" products. So far I've only seen them on the shelf at Cdn. Tire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the bio vert dishwashing tabs for several years ; they do a job equal to cascade and with out the harsh chemicals found in cascade. they leave the dishes spotless and no residue. I've also been using them as a presoak to ring around the collar and my oily stained cuffs on my white clothes . kFirst I dissolve 4 tabs in boiling water, then cool and soak the soiled spots for 24 hours. Try it , the clothes come out stain free from body oils and make my clothes like new.

    ReplyDelete